Saturday, March 17, 2007

Joe, Montezuma...

So that big Saturday celebration marking {all at once} our one month in Honduras, St. Patty's Day, our last night together as a big training group, etc etc, has hit a snag...for me anyway. A couple of nights ago I was hit hard with what the doctors have called a "bacterial infection". Call it what you want, docs, I maintain it was a bit of Montezuma's revenge. It was rough {I'll leave the details to your imagination} and the effects have been far-reaching...forget no opening night March Madness watching, no non-soup meals for the past couple of days. Better now thanks to the previously mentioned docs and their drugs and I plan on watching BC play tonight here in the one bar with a television. Congrats to my buddy Sarat who is currently in Peru but just found out he placed at his first choice for residency at Miami! And to Mike Meier, who is either not reading this blog or just refraining from making silly comments {yes, they've been nothing but "silly" to this point, friends}, who is celebrating a birthday today...27 is it?! Anyway, I think thats it for the moment. Oh, mailing address does not change, so all those of you (and there are a number of you) who were holding off on mailing those letters/care packages, go ahead and put them in the mail--I will receive them at my new site! Ok, I hope all is well in the States and wherever you guys are, more from me a little later.
Joe

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joseph, The Brandt, The Hammar,

My comments are not silly. You are a poopyface.

Me said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!!
If I'm wrong about this birthday, I apologize. But I am fairly convinced it is the 19th.
Hope your tummy feels better

Anonymous said...

FELIZ CUMPLEANOS hijo.

Elyse said...

Hippo birdie two ewes!!!!!!! Hope your 'madre' did you right. missyouloveyou!
e

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joe! I tried to send this to one of the 32323523534 email addresses you seem to have kept over the years. Clearly, I failed.

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day to my favorite Naval Aviator...

Someday I hope to be your "goose"

Also, "missyouloveyou!" (i like that Elyse)

and Toby says Happy B-day too.

Anonymous said...

Bacon- is it a little gay that we have nothing better to do than read Joe's Blog at 11PM EST?

Joe, I guess you just dominate our hearts

Unknown said...

happy birthday joe!!
you are always sick on your b-day (cut to 21st in valencia with the chicken poxs) 27 = old man.

Anonymous said...

I always said why rush to the party. So happy birthday, buddy, just a little late.

Hope all's going well down there.

And brie's right. You are an old man.

But with old man status comes something you've been looking forward to for years: old balls. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Dude. What was the first thing I said? Look out for Moctezuma's Revenge. I even looked up that damn C in the middle. Well, I hope your ass of fire didn't ruin your birthday. Glad you're feeling better. Sal's so right - this is boredom at 11PM. Oh..and love, we love you too.

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday Joe-Joe. I'm late but I still mean it. Sorry about the whole Montezuma thing, but just think: you could have bedbugs like AJ! Feel better.

Elyse said...

brie said, "27 = old man. "

Bite your tongue, woman!

Says his 10 year older sister...hehheh